Crowdbotics is on a mission to democratize the software development process by providing entrepreneurs, product managers, and technical teams with the tools to build applications with zero to minimal coding.Embedded in our DNA are the following beliefs and values:
- open systems empower our customers to build future-proof businesses on our platform
- open architectures enable customers to leverage the “best-of-breed” technologies for their business and our platform should support and embrace them
- machine-generated code is just a means to an end. It needs to coexist with human-written code, and be readable by humans in order to be truly useful.
- customers stay on our platform because of the openness, flexibility, and value that our platform offers, and not because they are locked into our platform through inaccessible code.
- talent is global and we will strive to make it accessible to our customers with minimal effort.We are looking for like-minded people who believe in our mission, and share our vision of a world where anyone can build software - at scale.
We are looking for a User-Experience (UX) Designer able to understand our business
requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and
conducting user research, interviews, surveys, and translating them into sitemaps,
user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. The UX
designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and to
ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching,
prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups
optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and
new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to
candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure,
InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Adobe XD, and the like is a must. Basic HTML5,
- Ability to work with stakeholders, product management, and engineering to
understand detailed user stories and design complete user experiences that
meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions,
and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user
research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis,
usability, and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions clearly and
effectively to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract
ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and
other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Remote work experience
- Experience with React, Bootstrap, Heroku and/or Shopify
- Active open source contributor
- Experience with Hubspot CRM
- You hack or build software projects in your spare time
- Previous experience selling mobile or web app development services
- You have built an app with the Crowdbotics App Builder (https://www.crowdbotics.com/app-builder)
Crowdbotics is a new way to build software using modular parts and a visual build tool. We’ve made a bet that the people building products and companies around Crowdbotics represent a new kind of software creator that, if we do our job right, will become the new normal for how people build software in the next decade — with readymade parts, cloud talent, and automated tools that empower everyone to be a maker. We see this as the future, and our customers, investors, and the market do too.To that end, Crowdbotics is creating what we call an “Operating System for Application Development”.What exactly does this mean?Contemporary application development requires the use of multiple tools and processes that are often spread across multiple disconnected systems. The Crowdbotics App Builder seeks to unify all these tools and processes into a single system with 4 key facets:
- No-code engine which enables users to build applications without coding, including a way to create database models visually, import screen layouts and designs from common development tools, and visually link screens to external services.
- Workforce management which enables a user to source talent from a curated menu of Crowdbotics experts who can help take your product over the finish line.
- Process and Project Management: We enable a user to manage all aspects of their agile development process, including tasks, milestones, and deadlines.
- Deployment and post-deployment maintenance which allows the user to one-click deploy their application to various cloud providers (Heroku being the most popular), app stores, and to provision and manage other infrastructure resources seamlessly.
Top 10 reasons to work for Crowdbotics:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Our open architectures enable customers to leverage the “best-of-breed” technologies for their business and our platform supports and embrace them.
- Talent is global and we will strive to make it accessible to our customers with minimal effort. We are looking for like-minded people who believe in our mission, and share our vision of a world where anyone can build software - at scale.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- Our open systems empower our customers to build future-proof businesses on our platform.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting into and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.