Crowdbotics is democratizing software creation. We're making a world where anyone can build the next great technology business as easily as making a website. We’re Series A backed by great investors, doing tens of millions in annual revenue, and scaling rapidly from 50 to 150 people.
We are looking for a Head of People Operations to own the evolution and scaling of our all-remote company’s human systems, organization, and culture. These include recruiting, people operations, learning and development, benefits/compensation, and more.
You’ll report directly to the CEO, grow a team and department, and partner closely with the rest of our (healthy and collaborative!) leadership team.
- Serve as a strategic leader in determnining how our company is organized, grows, and maintains a healthy culture, even as we scale up dramatically in size.
- Responsible for an aggressive cross-functional recruitment target, ensuring roles are closed on time with candidates of the highest quality to help us build a high performing and diverse team.
- Build out a more structured, standardized approach to total rewards and ensure competitive and equitable compensation.
- Building and maintaining a complete and comprehensive employee handbook.
- Own our people operations function, being responsible for running payroll, managing commissions, and ensuring local and international HR compliance.
- Advocating for our peoples’ needs and growth, ensuring that working for us is not just engaging, but fulfilling.
- Responsible for a new hire development and onboarding experience that maximises new hires’ ability to thrive.
- Develop our first structured, company-wide approach to performance management and feedback that is empowering.
- Anticipate growth and training needs, creating accountability, while developing managers and leaders.
- At least 10 years of people team experience, and have already proven you can lead a people team, deliver results, and inspire others. Experience at a start-up or start-up like environment is strongly preferred. Bonus points if it’s a SaaS company!
- Coach and mentor direct reports, peers, and leaders on how to grow and handle challenging situations. At least 3 years of remote management experience strongly preferred.
- Hands-on outbound recruitment, creating documentation, building automations, or managing suppliers and vendors directly.
- You know a lot about People best practices, but love to experiment to learn what works best. You like testing, metrics, and iterating.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated, and like to build things. You’ll be the owner of how we build, optimize, and document our processes. (Startup experience is a huge plus, but not a requirement.)
- You like processes and systems - draft a good checklist or finding a way to automate something that’s currently manual. You’ll be the one defining and documenting how we should optimize our processes.
- You are an effective and persuasive communicator. You’re responsible for our most valuable assets.
- You’re passionate about building diverse teams and recognize the enormous value of inclusive cultures.
- You want to have a big impact.
Crowdbotics is a new way to build software using modular parts and a visual build tool. We’ve made a bet that the people building products and companies around Crowdbotics represent a new kind of software creator that, if we do our job right, will become the new normal for how people build software in the next decade — with readymade parts, cloud talent, and automated tools that empower everyone to be a maker. We see this as the future, and our customers, investors, and the market do too.To that end, Crowdbotics is creating what we call an “Operating System for Application Development”.What exactly does this mean?Contemporary application development requires the use of multiple tools and processes that are often spread across multiple disconnected systems. The Crowdbotics App Builder seeks to unify all these tools and processes into a single system with 4 key facets:
- No-code engine which enables users to build applications without coding, including a way to create database models visually, import screen layouts and designs from common development tools, and visually link screens to external services.
- Workforce management which enables a user to source talent from a curated menu of Crowdbotics experts who can help take your product over the finish line.
- Process and Project Management: We enable a user to manage all aspects of their agile development process, including tasks, milestones, and deadlines.
- Deployment and post-deployment maintenance which allows the user to one-click deploy their application to various cloud providers (Heroku being the most popular), app stores, and to provision and manage other infrastructure resources seamlessly.
Top 10 reasons to work for Crowdbotics:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Our open architectures enable customers to leverage the “best-of-breed” technologies for their business and our platform supports and embrace them.
- Talent is global and we will strive to make it accessible to our customers with minimal effort. We are looking for like-minded people who believe in our mission, and share our vision of a world where anyone can build software - at scale.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- Our open systems empower our customers to build future-proof businesses on our platform.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting into and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.