The Crowdbotics engineering team is looking for an Engineering Manager to own the technical architecture and delivery of our platform front-end.
The Crowdbotics platform front-end is primarily written in Vue.js, and integrates with our Django backend and other third-party services.
This is an exciting opportunity for a first-line manager, who is looking to grow their career and will enable them to shape the future architecture and team structure of this rapidly-growing team that is fundamental to our user experience.
This is a hands-on position and success will depend on the ability to maintain a focus on technical architecture and the code while simultaneously guiding and leading a team of engineers to deliver on plans.
As the engineering manager, you will be required to:
- Develop and evolve the technical architecture for the Crowdbotics platform front-end.
- Work closely with product management to understand “the spirit” of feature requests, create technical designs and delivery plans to execute against those requests.
- Collaborate with your peers on other engineering teams to develop holistic plans for feature releases, and execute to those plans.
- Conduct code reviews, evolve coding standards as required, and emphasize code quality.
- Lead and mentor a team of front-end engineers.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 1 year experience as an engineering manager, with responsibility of managing an engineering team that was focused on web-based user interfaces.
- At least 2 years experience as a technical lead in a team that was responsible for delivering a powerful user experience in a SaaS business.
- Demonstrated competence in “empathizing” with the user and being the proponent for user experience in product development.
- Experience in developing mobile applications using React Native would be a strong plus.
Although this position is remote, you will need to be available at least 6 hours during 9:00AM - 5:00PM US Pacific Time.