Crowdbotics is on a mission to democratize the software development process by providing entrepreneurs, product managers, and technical teams with the tools to build applications with zero to minimal coding. Embedded in our DNA are the following beliefs and values:
- open systems empower our customers to build future-proof businesses on our platform
- open architectures enable customers to leverage the “best-of-breed” technologies for their business and our platform should support and embrace them
- machine-generated code is just a means to an end. It needs to coexist with human-written code, and be readable by humans in order to be truly useful.
- customers stay on our platform because of the openness, flexibility, and value that our platform offers, and not because they are locked into our platform through inaccessible code.
- talent is global and we will strive to make it accessible to our customers with minimal effort. We are looking for like-minded people who believe in our mission, and share our vision of a world where anyone can build software - at scale.
The Crowdbotics team is looking for a strong VP of Product Management. This position is key to the ongoing success of our product development efforts and, by extension, the Company.As the head of the product management function, you will be a trusted adviser to the executive team. You will be valued for
- developing and executing a product strategy that delivers on our vision,
- identifying relevant metrics to measure feature performance, and
- designing features that move metrics in the right direction
- Develop metrics to measure product performance.
- Perform competitive research, and be able to distill that research into actionable insights for the Company.
- Create processes for feature prioritization.
- Develop plans to minimize risk and ensure on-time, on-budget releases.
- Own the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop launch plans for features.
- Manage a team of product managers.
The VP of Product Management will exhibit the following key characteristics:
- Be able to identify strategic initiatives that move metrics in the right direction, yet be able to direct a team to build the product in increments.
- Prioritize collaboration and compromise.
- Be passionate about the product, and be an evangelist for the product in internal and external forums.
- Prioritize experimentation over abstract research.
- Pragmatism over dogmatism.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 7+ years in Product Management working in fast-paced, agile product teams, preferably in a startup environment.
- Experience in leading and managing a product management organization is highly desired.
- Past success in using agile methodologies to release software products.
- Demonstrated experience in helping product teams translate amorphous feature requirements into actionable user stories, and delivered features.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Even though this position is remote, the PM should be able to work 9:00AM - 5:00PM US Pacific Time
- Remote work experience
- Experience with React, Bootstrap, Heroku and/or Shopify
- Active open source contributor
- Experience with Hubspot CRM
- You hack or build software projects in your spare time
- Previous experience selling mobile or web app development services
- You have built an app with the Crowdbotics App Builder (https://www.crowdbotics.com/app-builder)