Our core team works on a wide variety of of problems and features. One day you may be updating model validation in our APIs, the next you may update AST parsing in a serverless AWS Lambda. While everyone on our team works on a variety of projects this role is focused on some of our more challenging CS problems such as code parsing and using machine learning to automatically generate code. You will:
- Parse, mutate, and generate code based on input provided by non-technical users using ASTs, DSLs, and other intermediate representation of code.
- Research, spec, and plan technical changes to our products and help guide the team with technical decisions.
- Integrate with internal and external APIs.
- Assist team members with code reviews.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Communicate effectively with the remote team using real-time and asynchronous communications.
- Identify and implement improvements for code and software quality.
- Investigate and fix bugs.
Experience and Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or demonstrable knowledge of CS concepts through work experience.
- At least 5 years of professional experience writing software.
- Experience with code analysis and transformation using ASTs, other experience working with compilers, or automated code generation.
- An understanding of common web security issues, such as the OWASP top 10, and mitigation techniques.
- Proficiency with git.
- An understanding of API implementation and integration.
- Experience with cloud hosting services such as AWS.
- Experience with PaaS and FaaS services (eg Heroku, AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Functions) is a plus.
- Knowledge of common APIs such as Github’s is a plus.
- Experience with Django is a plus.
- Experience with DevOps is a plus.