Crowdbotics is on a mission to democratize the software development process by providing entrepreneurs, product managers, and technical teams with the tools to build applications with zero to minimal coding.Embedded in our DNA are the following beliefs and values:
- open systems empower our customers to build future-proof businesses on our platform
- open architectures enable customers to leverage the “best-of-breed” technologies for their business and our platform should support and embrace them
- machine-generated code is just a means to an end. It needs to coexist with human-written code, and be readable by humans in order to be truly useful.
- customers stay on our platform because of the openness, flexibility, and value that our platform offers, and not because they are locked into our platform through inaccessible code.
- talent is global and we will strive to make it accessible to our customers with minimal effort.We are looking for like-minded people who believe in our mission, and share our vision of a world where anyone can build software - at scale.
The Crowdbotics engineering team is looking for a Director of Engineering: Front-end to own the technical architecture and delivery of our platform front-end.
The Crowdbotics platform front-end is primarily written in Vue.js, and integrates with our Django backend and other third-party services.
This is an exciting opportunity for a technical manager, who is looking to grow their career and will enable them to shape the future architecture and team structure of this rapidly-growing team that is fundamental to our user experience.
This is a hands-on position and success will depend on the ability to maintain a focus on technical architecture and the code while simultaneously guiding and leading a team of engineers to deliver on plans.
As the Director of Engineering, you will be required to:
- Develop and evolve the technical architecture for the Crowdbotics platform front-end.
- Work closely with product management to understand “the spirit” of feature requests, create technical designs and delivery plans to execute against those requests.
- Collaborate with your peers on other engineering teams to develop holistic plans for feature releases, and execute to those plans.
- Conduct code reviews, evolve coding standards as required, and emphasize code quality.
- Lead and mentor a team of front-end engineers.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 3 years experience as an engineering manager, with responsibility of managing an engineering team that was focused on web-based user interfaces.
- At least 3-5 years experience as a technical lead in a team that was responsible for delivering a powerful user experience in a SaaS business.
- Demonstrated competence in “empathizing” with the user and being the proponent for user experience in product development.
- Experience in developing mobile applications using React Native would be a strong plus.
Although this position is remote, you will need to be available at least 6 hours during 9:00AM - 5:00PM US Pacific Time.