Crowdbotics is looking for an account executive who is knowledgeable about app development to identify, qualify, and close new customers.
The primary function of this role is to generate a mix of monthly recurring revenue (MRR) and transactional app development services, month-over-month. This role will have a quota based on monthly top-line revenue, along with activity targets related to inbound, outbound, and customer account development.
- Inbound (~75%) - Qualify, develop, and close requests for custom app development projects
- Outbound (~25%) - Source and schedule new sales opportunities for targeted buyer personas and use cases
A typical sales interaction involves,
- Qualifying scheduling meetings with prospective customers
- Preparing a detailed quote and order form for a web or mobile application based on technical and feature considerations gathered from a customer during discovery conversation.
- Walking a customer through project setup in the Crowdbotics app
- Assembling and delivering a detailed application build plan in coordination with the Services team and Sales Engineers
- Creating and securing detailed contractual agreements for new builds
- Maintaining and expanding a growing book of business
The ideal candidate,
- Has outstanding written communication skills and operates effetely in an asynchronous, Slack-first workspace
- Is relentlessly positive in the face of adversity
- Is self-motived and able to self-direct sales activities, day-in-day-out
- Supports team members though proactive knowledge sharing
- Goes the extra mile to ensure post-sale delivery is successful
- Has basic conversational literacy in web development.
- Has A clear understanding of competitive and adjacent solutions for building web and mobile apps including development agencies, freelancer platforms, template marketplaces, and app builder apps, and various web development languages and frameworks.
- Thrives in startup environment where product attributes, deal structure, and sales process are ever-progressing. An ability to identify what works and make adjustments will be more important to success than learning fixed procedures and pitch, perfecting, and executing.
As an early Sales hires for Crowdbotics, this position will be very hands-on and activity-driven, but will also have an impact on Crowdbotics’s larger go-to-market strategy.
This position reports to the VP of Growth. Crowdbotics is a remote-first organization with a headquarters in Berkeley, CA. This position is a remote role with occasional travel.
- Exceed sales and pipeline quotas
- Understand and address key customer technical objections
- Provide in-depth expertise to support technical use cases for Crowdbotics products and services
- Maintain and document activity within CRM to include all relevant customer data and sales activity
- Prepare sales reports defining growth opportunities and challenges
- Deliver sales presentations to clients in-person, when needed
- Event and conference selling
- Convert qualified free app users into paying customers
- 3+ years of technology-related sales with a track record of quota attainment (SDR, BDR, AE, and/or Business Development experience required)
- Comfortable sourcing, appointment setting, and presenting SaaS products
- Able to prioritize a highly diverse pipeline of technical opportunities — excellent project management skills
- Create accurate project cost and timeline estimates based on pre-defined feature sets
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to portray a confident, professional image — this roll will interact with customers, company leadership, project managers, and developers
- Excellent prospecting skills
- Experience with Hubspot MAS/CRM
- Previous experience with product management
- Previous experience selling mobile or web app development services
- Has thoroughly reviewed Crowdbotics Managed App Development Solutions (https://www.crowdbotics.com/solutions)
- You hack or build software projects in your spare time
- You have built an app with the Crowdbotics App Builder (https://app.crowdbotics.com/app-builder)
- OTE: $100,000
- Pay Mix (Base/Variable): 40/60