Crowdbotics is an app-building PaaS running on top of major cloud infrastructure providers. The relationship to these stacks is mediated by Terraform, Docker, and our own set of deploy tools.
Our rapidly scaling system has started to incur significant usage costs and expenses as we've crossed 10000 apps running on the platform. We're looking for a Devops Engineer to help chart a path to continued scale. You'll work closely with our distributed engineering and product team, reporting to our VP of Engineering and working with our lead architect.
- Minimizing our spend on Heroku by moving architecture from isolated instances to shared resources and automatically turning off unused apps
- Setting up deployment pathways via Terraform files to AWS and GCP
- Setting up autodeployers that allow users to migrate between AWS, GCP, and Heroku
- Setting up API interfaces that let us report to users on resources consumed by a given account
- Providing reporting tools that allow us to understand usage and spend by account
- Figuring out a unified method for credential management for third party services consumed by a given app
- Allowing deployment via Cloudflare resources
- Linking with Cloudflare DNS management files
- 3+ years experience as a Devops Engineer in SaaS, B2B or technical company
- 3+ years experience with AWS and Terraform
- Experience managing and troubleshooting CI/CD. Experience with CircleCI a plus
- Knowledge of software engineering principles, testing practices and tools
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration concepts and tools (Git, Jira, Confluence)
- Knowledge of either Python or Ruby is required (python preferred)
- Experience with Heroku is preferred
- Empathic and good communicator
- Good in English, written and spoken
- Kubernetes experience is a plus
Crowdbotics is a new way to build software using modular parts and a visual build tool. We’ve made a bet here that the people building products and companies around Crowdbotics represent a new kind of software creator that, if we do our job right, become the new normal for how people build software in the next decade — with readymade parts, cloud talent, and automated tools that empower everyone to be a maker. We see this as the future, and our customers, investors, and the market do too.
To that end, Crowdbotics is creating what we call an “Operating System for Application Development”.
What exactly does this mean?
Contemporary application development requires the use of multiple tools, and processes that are often spread across multiple disconnected systems. The Crowdbotics App Builder seeks to unify all these tools and processes into a single system with 4 key facets:
- No-code engine which enables users to build applications without coding, including a way to create database models visually, import screen layouts and designs from common development tools, and visually link screens to external services.
- Workforce management which enables a user to source talent from a curated menu of Crowdbotics experts who can help take your product over the finish line.
- Process and Project Management: We enable a user to manage all aspects of their agile development process, including tasks, milestones, and deadlines.
- Deployment and post-deployment maintenance which allows the user to one-click deploy their application to various cloud providers (Heroku being the most popular), app stores, and to provision and manage other infrastructure resources seamlessly.
Top 10 reasons to work for Crowdbotics:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Our open architectures enable customers to leverage the “best-of-breed” technologies for their business and our platform supports and embrace them.
- Talent is global and we will strive to make it accessible to our customers with minimal effort. We are looking for like-minded people who believe in our mission, and share our vision of a world where anyone can build software - at scale.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- Our open systems empower our customers to build future-proof businesses on our platform.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.